Attend a deanery meeting to learn what’s going on at the upcoming Diocesan Convention and get involved in collaborating with other Episcopal churches in your area. Links below include a map to each location.
- Fort Worth West – Tuesday, Oct. 17; 5:30 pm at All Saints’, Fort Worth
- Southwestern – Sunday, Oct. 22; 2:30 pm at St. Luke, Stephenville
- Fort Worth South – Tuesday, Oct. 24; 5:30 pm at St. Christopher, Fort Worth
- Northern – Sunday, Oct. 29; 11:30 am at the Episcopal Church of Wise County, Decatur
- Fort Worth East – Monday, Oct. 30; 7:00 pm at St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Keller
The purpose of these meetings is for members of churches in each region to ask questions and give input on items that the Diocesan Convention will be voting on, such as next year’s budget, rules the diocese operates by, people standing for election to various offices, and changes to the status of congregations. Each deaneny will also elect new officers for the coming year at this meeting, as well as discussing projects that churches may be working on together. All deanery meetings are open; please feel free to attend, learn more and get involved.
- Finance Committee Resolutions
FC1 – 2018 Table of Assessments
FC2 – Triennial Budget Resolution (The proposed budget is included in the text of this resolution)
- Constitution and Canons Committee Resolutions
CC1 – Constitution change “officials” to “officers”
CC2 – Canons change “officials” to “officers”
CC3 – Canons clarify convention timeline
CC4 – Canons correct nominations timeline
CC5 – Canons clarify membership language
CC6 – Canons changing congregational status
- General Resolutions
R1 – Parker County Church to mission station status
R2 – Wise County Church to mission status
There is an additional resolution regarding the location of the 2018 Convention that arrived after the deadline. It will be distributed at the Convention, pending their consent to consider it.
General Convention Referred Actions
Only the first page and a half will be part of our business, the Constitutional Amendments from the General Convention, but the remainder of the document is for consideration and information for various diocesan ministries
Episcopal Appointments – not available at this date; will be distributed at the Convention with their consent
Each deanery should elect members to the following positions (if terms are expiring). The duty of each position is described very briefly; feel free to contact any of those currently serving for more details.
- Dean (2-year term: organizes and runs meetings)
- Sub-Dean (2-year term: fills in if the dean is unavailable)
- Secretary (2-year term: keeps the minutes)
- Deanery Representative to Executive Council (1-year term: participates in 4 meetings per year)
- Alternate Representative to Executive Council (1-year term: fills in if the Deanery Rep. is unavailable)