Friday, November 10 – Saturday, November 11, 2017
at the Cleburne Conference Center
This page will be updated in the months leading up to Convention – check back periodically.
The following topics customarily involve a resolution at Convention.
- Approval of 2018 and Triennial Budget
- Approval of 2018 Table of Assessments
- Approval of 2018 Convention site
- Resolutions as needed from the Constitution and Canons Committee
Other resolutions may be submitted as well. See “Submission deadlines and templates” above for more details, but here are the main deadlines:
- August 12 for proposers not on the Constitution & Canons Committee to submit proposed changes to the Constitution or Canons
- September 11 to submit other resolutions
Once the Resolutions Committee and the Constitution and Canons Committee review proposed resolutions and have a chance to communicate with the proposer about any questions or changes, the proposed resolutions will be linked here.
As reports are received, they’ll be formatted and published in PDF format:
Nominations and Elections
There are eight (8) positions open for nomination at the 2017 Convention. The Nominations Committee earnestly seeks participation from parishioners across the spectrum of the diocese and has a goal to receive nominations for at least two candidates per position.
View a map with nearby hotels marked. Options closest to the venue include:
- Hampton Inn at Convention Center, Cleburne
- La Quinta, Cleburne
- Holiday Inn Express, Cleburne
Links to previous years’ convention material
- 2016 Diocesan Convention – Fort Worth (All Saints’ school)
- 2015 Diocesan Convention – Fort Worth (Botanic Garden)
- 2014 Diocesan Convention – Arlington
- 2013 Diocesan Convention – Wichita Falls
- 2012 Diocesan Convention – Stephenville