Have you had the opportunity to hear The Episcopal Church’s Presiding Bishop Michael Curry preach? If so, you will probably enjoy this top ten list put together by the Standing Committee of the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina as an affectionate tribute and presented to Bishop Curry the night before his installation as presiding bishop.
The top ten things you are likely to hear in a Michael Curry sermon
10. This morning I lift my text from…
EVERYONE: Anywhere but today’s propers!
9. Now bear with me, I’m going somewhere with this!
8. God didn’t put you on this earth just to use up oxygen!
7. I’m not going to be up here long.
6. If you’re breathing, God’s calling.
5. We have a God! And that God raised Jesus from the dead.
EVERYONE: “I don’t know how he did it, but he did!”
4. When Israel was in Egypt land
EVERYONE(singing): LET MY PEOPLE GO!
3. One more thing and then I’m going to sit down.”
2. There is a balm in Gilead…”
And the number one thing you are likely to hear in a Michael Curry sermon:
Hear our presiding bishop preach
Holy Eucharist and Installation of the Most Rev. Michael Curry
(Curry preaches at 2:11:28)