The Diocesan Commission on Ministry is sponsoring a Day of Discernment from 9 am to 4 pm on Saturday, June 1, 2013, at All Saints Episcopal School, 9700 Saints Circle, Fort Worth, TX, 76108, in the McNair Theater of the Upper School. The registration fee is $15, which includes lunch.
“Christian ministry is primarily an action in the Name of Christ; it is something done in response to discerning God’s will. Some ministry demands immediate action. Other ministry requires special training and, sometimes, ordination,” said the Rev. Melanie Barbarito, chair of the Commission on Ministry.
The event will feature:
- A presentation on the charisms of the priesthood and the diaconate.
- Bishop Rayford High on what the diocese is looking for in deacons and priests in the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth.
- A panel discussion on the life of the ordained and their families.
- Details on the canonical process toward ordination in The Episcopal Church.
Who should attend?
- Priests who lead congregations in the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth.
- Individuals whose current ministries seem to be leading them toward ordination to the diaconate or priesthood.
- Individuals who may be asked to participate on Parish Discernment Groups.
- Spouses, partners and family members of those discerning a call to ordination.
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about ordained ministry.
For more information contact the Rev. Melanie Barbarito by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Stay tuned for registration information and the All Saints School building and room location!