Other resources and information
- FEMA’s disaster assistance website offers a lookup tool where you can enter an address to find out whether the area is part of a federally declared disaster. If so, there is a survey form to help determine which types of programs you could apply for.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention – protecting your health in different types of disasters or emergencies, including natural disasters, disease outbreaks, and chemical, nuclear or biological hazards.
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Types of Individual Assistance Programs through FEMA and the state of Texas.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Disaster Education Network – numerous links and resources grouped by different types of natural disasters
- FAQs about insurance and disaster recovery from the Texas Department of Insurance
- Tips from the Attorney General of Texas for avoiding scams in the aftermath of a disaster