UPDATE: no further applications are being accepted.
The Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth is searching for a well-qualified person to fill an important role in the diocesan office, located in east Fort Worth. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The salary range is $18-20 per hour, depending on experience, with paid pension contribution (after six months retroactive to date of employment) and health insurance for employee. Other benefits include two weeks paid leave and paid holidays.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with good prioritizing skills
- College degree or business training
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of discretion in dealing with sensitive data and confidential matters
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher; ability to conduct internet research and utilize social media
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with Episcopal liturgy and church practices.
A background check is required.
Partial list of responsibilities:
- Serves as receptionist; manages day-to-day office operations
- Assists in event management
- Maintains and keeps current the bishop’s and diocesan calendars
- Coordinates official communications from the bishop via phone, email and mail, including transcription of dictation
- Makes travel arrangements
- Prepares reports and mailings; maintains records/files
- Trains and manages office volunteers
- Assists with basic accounting tasks
- Other duties as assigned
NO PHONE CALLS