One of the awards is named for the Rev. Gayland Pool, a priest of this diocese who served as executive director of Tarrant Churches Together (then Tarrant Area Community of Churches) in the early 1990s, as well as rector of several parishes in the diocese. He died in 2017.
- Connecting for Good– recognizing any organization or community of faith that has made a significant impact within our community.
- Positive Change– will be presented to a youth (11 to 18) who takes on a leadership role to bring about positive change in their school or community.
- Martha– Will be presented to the behind the scenes support person. The person who does the hard work but who usually receives no public recognition.
- Visionary Leadership– will be presented to an innovative individual who has taken the initiative in starting new projects or programs to benefit the community.
- The Rev. Gayland Pool Award– Given to a community leader who integrates faith with everyday life. This leader demonstrates a positive attitude and is led by their faith life while giving of themselves in the community.