St. Christopher Episcopal Church, Fort Worth, is hosting another of the popular Matter of Balance classes in the Parish Hall.The 8-week class will be on Tuesday mornings from 9-11 beginning August 11. If you plan on attending, please contact the office at 817-926-8277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendees will learn to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend:
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Anyone how has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
A minimum of 8 people are necessary to hold the class. Maximum class size is 20.
United Way’s Area Agency on Aging brought the program to Tarrant County in 2008. It is part of the United Way Live Well healthy aging and independent living initiative. Senior Citizen Services of Greater Tarrant County is United Way and AAA’s lead AMOB partner, but certified volunteer lay leader coaches trained by Senior Citizen Services teach the classes at senior centers, faith-based groups, Tarrant County College, Texas Health Resources, JPS, AETNA, and other organizations.
If you are interested in having the class taught at your congregation, contact Senior Citizen Services of Greater Tarrant County at 817-413-4949.