Lent (Page 6)
Lent is the 40-day period of preparation for Holy Week.
The first day of Lent is Ash Wednesday. During Ash Wednesday services or “Ashes to Go” offerings, we remember the fact of our mortality as a prompting toward self-examination.
View resources and news related to the season:
- Societ of St. John the Evangelist – Lenten devotional materials
- Archbishop of Canterbury’s Book, selected each year.
- Episcopal Relief and Development – Lenten Meditations – order booklets in English or Spanish (free)
- Lent Madness – Learn about the saints! Fill out a bracket and vote for your favorites to win the Golden Halo.
- Trinity Institute – from Trinity Wall Street – 2017’s topic is Water Justice, along with Lenten resources: a study guide and sermon series with discussion questions.
- Video meditation on Ash Wednesday, by Trinity Cathedral Media at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, Phoenix, AZ