Open each position below to view a description of the position and the names of the nominees. Click on names in blue to read biographies of the nominees. Links to the bios are added as nominees submit their information.
Please let us know if you believe any names are missing from this list who where nominated before the deadline. We discovered that, during the first couple of weeks the nominations were open, an item on the original form that was intended to prevent spam messages was also making it difficult for some to successfully submit the form. Email the committee at email@example.com, or call the diocesan office at 817-534-1900.
Canon I.126.96.36.199 – Nominations From The Floor
“At the meeting of the Diocesan Convention additional nominations may be made from the floor of the Diocesan Convention after the Nomination Committee’s report has been presented. However, no such nomination from the floor may be made while a vote is being taken, counted, or announced. Persons making nominations from the floor must provide a sufficient number of copies of same written information required for the proposed candidacy of the Elected Position in order for each Member and the Chancellor and Parliamentarian to have a copy. This documentation requirement may be waived only by unanimous consent of the Diocesan Convention.”
General Requirements for Nominees
In all cases, a nominee must
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Meet qualifications to hold office nominated
- Be willing to stand for election and willing to serve if elected
- Acknowledge fiduciary duty under The Episcopal Church Canon I.17.8: “Any person accepting any office in this Church shall well and faithfully perform the duties of that office in accordance with the Constitution and Canons of this Church and of the Diocese in which the office is being exercised.”
- Pledge to read the Constitution & Canons of The Episcopal Church and to give faithful performance to duties in accordance with the same
- Be willing to perform the duties of elected office (i.e., attend all meetings, share responsibility of work, etc.)
- Provide a brief bio and head shot photo
- Verify membership in the diocese by the following:
- Laity – Adult communicant in good standing of a parish within the Diocese of Fort Worth, for approximately one year
- Clergy – Canonically resident in the Diocese of Fort Worth