UPDATE: this post has been updated to indicate that the cost to attend weekend has been waived. It’s free, a gift from the Cursillo community.
Would you like to meet more of your Episcopal church family around the diocese? How about a “Christianity 101” class to get a good overview (or refresher) of the principles our faith is based on? Maybe you’ve tired yourself out running in circles and need a little bit of focused time to re-calibrate and find direction. You might find it helpful to set aside a weekend to focus on listening to God. At a Cursillo weekend, participants encounter God in silence and in prayer, through the sacraments and through each other, by setting aside time to hear God speak.
Cursillo #3 is right around the corner. Mark your calendar for January 8-11, 2015, and set aside some time for spiritual growth and refreshment at Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center in Glen Rose.
What is Cursillo?
- an opportunity to grow in faith and in spirituality
- a deeper understanding of the teachings of Jesus and how we can serve Him.
- an experience of living and sharing with others in a loving and caring Christian community and realizing that this can be extended into our own environment
- a continuing community that gives support and encouragement
Why should you consider going? Our lay and clergy people talk about its impact on their lives:
Did you know that Cursillo is part of a national movement?
Here’s how to sign up:
- Download an application for Cursillo #3
- The cost is nothing; it’s a gift from the Cursillo community
- View a map to Glen Lake Camp
If you’ve already attended Cursillo yourself, consider who you think might benefit and sponsor a friend to go. Visit with members of the team, as well, if you have questions; they are already praying for everyone who will be participating! Here is the team for Cursillo #3:
- Ms, Marti Fagley, Rector
- Dennis Lasater, Music
- Sharon Lasater
- Cynthia Eichenberger
- Lou Eichenberger
- Sidia Anderson
- Jeanneane Keene
- Jon Back
- Kathleen Wells
- Sandy Shockley
- Mary Ellen Shannon
- Rev. Johnson Shannon, Rector’s Spiritual Advisor
- Rev. Mo Lewis, Spiritual Advisor
- Deacon Tracie Middleton, Spiritual Advisor