Texas Impact, part of the Texas Interfaith Center for Public Policy, is inviting clergy and lay leaders to a special edition of their popular “Courts & Ports” program. It is a special opportunity for Texas religious leaders to dive deep into immigration and border policy. The event will feature expanded policy presentations and message training, specifically designed to prepare clergy and religious leaders, ordained and lay, to talk to policymakers and media, and also to prepare them to preach to and teach their congregations about immigration and related issues.
The Courts & Ports Advocacy Intensive is August 29-31, 2019, hosted by Texas Impact at First Presbyterian Church McAllen, 104 S 12th St, McAllen, TX, 78501. The cost is $250, including lodging and all meals, not including travel (travel information below).
It is sponsored by:
- US Christian Leadership Organization
- North Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church
- North Texas-Northern Louisiana Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- San Antonio Regional Justice for Our Neighbors
- American Civil Liberties Union of Texas
If you plan on paying by check, please make the check out to Texas Interfaith Center for Public Policy and mail to the address below:
200 E 30th St.
Austin, Texas 78705