Opportunities to learn about the work of the Episcopal Church’s General Convention
Deputies Report to the Diocese About General Convention 2012
Plan now to attend one of the many opportunities to learn about the work of The Episcopal Church’s General Convention in Indianapolis July 5 – 12.
Episcopal Church Canon I.1.4(c) requires that the Diocese provide a forum in which its Deputies to the General Convention have an opportunity to report back to the people of the Diocese. Our Diocese offers multiple opportunities for you to learn what happened, to ask questions, and discover more about how our Church works.
Pick a convenient time and bring your questions as the Deputies share their impressions of this triennial “family reunion” of our Church that sets its course for the next three years:
- Executive Council meeting (September 15 at St. Martin-in-the-fields, Keller);
- At the August meeting of each of the six Deaneries:
- Northern Deanery: August 4 (St. Stephens, Wichita Falls; 5 p.m.)
- Southern Deanery: August 12 (St. Luke, Stephenville; 2:30 p.m.)
- Western Deanery: August 19 (ECPC, Aledo; after worship 12:15 p.m.)
- Eastern Deanery: August 20 (North Richland Hills Library; 7 p.m.)
- Fort Worth East Deanery: August 15 (St. Luke-in-the-Meadow; 5:30 p.m.)
- Fort Worth West Deanery: September 18 (All Saints,’ Fort Worth, 5:30 p.m.)
- Upon invitation from the individual congregations to present at their Adult Education or other training opportunity.
The Deputies and Alternates who attended this meeting of the General Convention from the Diocese of Fort Worth are:
- Clergy Deputies and Alternates: David Madison, Susan Slaughter, Fred Barber, Amy Haynie, Jim Reynolds, and ClayOla Gitane
- Lay Deputies and Alternates: Kathleen Wells, Victoria Prescott, Katie Sherrod, Bob Hicks, Lisa Neilson, Norm Snyder, Brent Walker
To schedule a presentation for your congregation or to get additional information regarding General Convention, contact an individual deputy or the deputation chair, Kathleen Wells, at email@example.com.