Learning opportunities offered
The coming weeks bring opportunities for learning and growing in mission and ministry. Take advantage of one or more:
- Effectively Responding To Domestic Violence: Resources for Clergy — A Seminar for Clergy & Congregational Leaders – Domestic abuse abuse (physical, verbal and emotional) devastates lives. Dealing with it is difficult. Not dealing with it can be disastrous. Can you spot the signs? Are you equipped to address them when you see them among members of your congregation? Join Tarrant Area Community of Churches, Safe Haven of Tarrant County, One Safe Place and Fort Worth Communities Coalition for this special presentation, Tuesday, Sept. 10, 8:30-10:30am. Location address provided with your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for more information.
- Flourishing in Faith: Celebrating the Harvest in Your Congregation – On Sept. 18, The Episcopal Church Foundation, program partner with TENS (The Episcopal Network for Stewardship), will offer a free webinar at 6pm (Central Time) on integrating the Flourish in Faith bulletin insert series into this year’s fall pledge drive. To register, click here!
- Support Hopewallah-Hyderabad Leprosy Mission – Mark your calendar for the Oct. 19 wine and cheese educational/fund raising event for this ministry, supported by Andy Babbili and other members of the diocese. The event, which promises a learning experience for all, will be held at St. Christopher Fort Worth (3550 SW Loop 820), 7-9pm in the parish hall. Join with Bp. Rayford and Pat High in supporting the mission. Email email@example.com for donations and ticket information.
- Diocese of Texas Clergy Conference – At the invitation of the Diocese of Texas, Bishop High is urging all Diocese of Fort Worth congregations to send their clergy to Texas’s clergy conference, Oct. 20-23 at Camp Allen, starting Sunday afternoon and ending Wednesday after lunch. Send your clergy for a time of renewal, fellowship, and learning! For more information about registration, contact Janet Waggoner, canon to the ordinary (firstname.lastname@example.org, 817-534-1900).
- From Annunciation (Call) to Resurrection (Mission) in 5 Days – A five-day spiritual feast of a retreat, Jan. 6-11, 2014 at Mount Calvary Monastery and Santa Barbara, CA. The retreat’s emphasis will be to name, deepen and celebrate where our call, hidden life, public ministry, passion/death, and resurrection intersects with Christ’s journey. The retreat will be led by Joseph Duggan, an Episcopal priest and working theologian. Click here for more information.