For all you congregation budget makers – The Church Medical Trust says they are anticipating a 7% increase in health care premiums for 2014. Implementation of the Denominational Health Plan (DHP) continues to offer significant cost controls for Episcopal churches.
2014 executive council meeting schedule announced – Candidates for executive council (deanery reps, deans, and sub-deans) need to be aware of the schedule prior to elections at the October deanery meetings: Jan. 25, St. Francis, Willow Park; March 1, location TBD; May 17, location TBD; Sept. 13, location TBD; Dec. 5-6, retreat, location TBD; Jan. 31, 2015, location TBD.
- Aug. 15 – Safeguarding God’s Children, 6-9pm in Classroom 1 at St. Alban’s in the Theatre, Arlington. Participants are welcome to bring and eat their supper during the class. This course is required for anyone who works in any capacity with children and youth. Please let the church office know you are planning to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aug. 29 – “Table Talk” presentation by Jim Johnson, author of Crossing the Bar, 9:39-3:30, at Briarwood Retreat Center (670 Copper Canyon Road, Argyle 76226).
- Sept. 1 – Due date for 2012 congregation audits (and all prior years). Because of a canon change at the 2012 diocesan convention, this year for the first time congregations may be excluded from voting at convention if their audit has not been received. (Canon 29.1.4)
- Sept. 1 – Due date for Mission and Outreach grant applications.
- Sept. 4 – Clergy Day, 10am – 1pm, St. Luke’s in the Meadow (4301 Meadowbrook Dr., Fort Worth 76103)
- Sept. 6 – Due date for reports from various ministries to executive council workgroups
- Sept. 12 – Transition Training, 6-9:30pm, St. Christopher (3550 SW Loop 820, Fort Worth 76133)
- Sept. 13 – Executive council management workgroup, 4pm, diocesan office (4301 Meadowbrook Dr., Fort Worth 76103)
- Sept. 14 – Transition Training, 9-12:30pm, St. Martin-in-the-Fields (223 S. Pearson Lane, Keller 76248)
- Nov. 8 & 9 – Diocesan convention, Wichita Falls, Multi-Purpose Event Center (MPEC)
- Feb. 7-8-9, 2014 – Fifth anniversary celebration of diocese reorganization. Save the dates! Presiding Bishop the Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts-Schori will participate..
- April 12, 2014 – Save the date! Diocesan Leadership Workshop, location TBD
Make sure to check the Diocesan Calendar regularly for the latest event dates, times, and locations.